Wednesday, March 31, 2010

One Blog

Originally I had two blogs, one for my missionary waiting experience, and one for my normal life. But. I realized that waiting for J.D. is such a big part of my life, that there is no way these two things can be separated. Half of the time, I wanted to put the same things on both of my blogs. So, this is now my combined experiences of life and waiting all in one. Although, don't be surprised if 90% of my postings are about that missionary of mine, mainly because the only times I feel like I should write are the times that I want to tell about him.
So, it is so hard (so, so, so hard) when I feel like J.D. is the only missionary following the rule about the whole not talking to the girlfriend when he calls home on Mother's Day. Some day I am okay with it and I am proud of him for following the rules. But other days (like today) it's so hard for me to accept. I talk to so many girls that are waiting, or did wait already and ended up marrying their missionary, and it really helps! But what is hard is that most of them/almost all of them talked to their missionaries! Am I completely alone in this? I know I'm not because I know there are other missionaries following this rule to, but it sure doesn't feel like. It seems like all I hear about lately is how everyone gets to talk to missionaries (that aren't brothers) on Mother's Day. Stupid Mother's Day. (No offense mom!)
On a different note, J.D. got a new companion yesterday. I haven't heard anything about this new companion yet, but I am looking forward to this. Maybe it's just me, and it probably is, but I could swear J.D.'s last companion, Elder Butler did not like me. Maybe it's just because he was J.D.'s trainer so he was trying to be really good, but I don't know.. I could just be crazy. And maybe it's because I'm still getting used to the fact that I don't get to talk to J.D. the same way I did before now for quite a while. Well, I can't wait to hear from J.D. this week. It's been a long week this time.

0 comments:

Post a Comment