Tuesday, January 24, 2012

BVU

Well, my school is still in business.  

Apparently the nursing students at Broadview University aren't all completely bright.. or so you could say. But I guess my school was having some low pass rates on the NCLEX and so they put my program on probation.  And basically, it all came down to 3 students who needed to take the NCLEX and whether they passed or not that determined whether I would be able to finish out my schooling at Broadview or not.  No pressure, right?

Well, those 3 students were threatened by the school board and all the other nursing students enough to pass the test and we can continue to go to school there.  Good dang thing with all the time and money I've put into that place.

On a better note, in my Med/Surg class we finally were taught all about IV's and I've been able to practice them on a select few people who were so kind to loan me a vein.  I've done a few IV's a long time ago on an LPN I worked with who was so nice to teach me how to do them.  But that was a long time ago and it was quite difficult.  Well, after much failure, I finally got a successful and wonderful IV on my mother!  I was so proud, I of course had to take a picture.  This is the first step to the rest of my life as a nurse!


Don't mind the blood that I didn't flush through after I drew it back out.

Next.

I'm sick of writing about my dating life and how going or not going it is.  I have important people in my life, and I'm not engaged or getting married or necessarily even close.  And that's okay.  And that's all for now.  Maybe another post, another day, I will continue to rant on about the makings of a ridiculous love life for me. 

:)

2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful thing! She is brave to let you go in the hand though! OUCH! My mom never even let me start an IV on her! so rude, right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, ya she was really nice. The hand is so much easier for me! But my mom is a nurse too so she is pretty good about needles.

    ReplyDelete