Sunday, March 21, 2010

The NICU

I had work today.. I work in the Newborn Intensive Care Unit. And it is the best job in the whole world! Who wouldn't want to feed and hold the cutest babies ever all day, and get paid for it?
The reason I write about working there in my post about my missionary is that I love going to work, yet it is also so hard. All I see all day long are these cute little families with their little babies. The majority of the people I see are usually young couples, a lot of times their first child. I see these mothers with their husbands leaning over their baby and they look so happy. And I am so jealous. I want JD here, and I want my own little family to look so happy with. Now don't get the wrong idea, I'm not going baby crazy. No, I do not want to have a kid anytime soon. But working with these babies and their parents, you can't help but get so excited to have that for yourself. I pray that my children will never have to be in to NICU, but still, it's the whole happy family idea that I'm jealous of.
I have to email JD tonight because his P-Day is tomorrow. Now just so it's not confusing, since I said he can't email.. he asked his mission president and he said that I am allowed to send JD one very short email a week. When I say short, I mean it's like four sentences long. JD cannot email me back though. He sends one big email to his parents that he also sends to me to read.
What am I going to say to him? After his letter, I don't really know what to say. I want to tell him I'm proud of him, but I'm also still trying to wrap my brain around the fact that he really is not going to be talking to me until he gets home. And I still have a hard time not wanting to tell him that he is crazy. So what do I say.. in four sentences? Ugghh. I guess we'll see what happens..

0 comments:

Post a Comment