Saturday, March 20, 2010

The Begining

I may not be the greatest writer in the world, but after yesterday I decided the best idea for me would be to find an outlet for my feelings. So to start off, I am four months and sixteen days into waiting for a missionary. He is serving in Louisville, Kentucky, speaking English. He left on November 4, 2009, although it feels like he has been gone for ten years. Everyone told me that it was going to be so hard waiting for him. I didn't believe them. Little did I know, they were so right. Waiting for him is the hardest thing I have ever had to do. But I love my missionary. With all and every part of my heart, so no matter how hard or painful it is to wait for him, I will do it.
SO, the reason I titled the blog Waiting for the "Perfect" Missionary, isn't because J.D. (my missionary) is perfect as a person. Oh, no. It's because he is the kind of missionary who is going to follow every single, stinking mission rule, whether I like it or not. Not many missionaries follow every single rule. Others may not agree with me, but it's true. No Facebook, no emailing, no calling, no chatting, no nothing. It's SOL for two years. And this is what this blog will be about. How wonderful and yet horrible at the same time it is to have a missionary with that kind of obedience. Enjoy at your own risk. :)

1 comment:

  1. This is so wonderful! Sweet daughter, I am soooo proud of you for understanding (after your day of crying) that your sweet JD is a valiant missionary. And I am so proud of him too! I knew he would be obedient in his service. I will be here to support you thru this hard time and for the rest of your life!! I love you!! Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete