Monday, January 24, 2011

Baby Emma and Shooting

Well, it's official! Baby Emma is here! She was born on Jan. 18th at 3:53 p.m. weighing in at 8 lbs and 11 oz! Except later that day they found out that that weight was incorrect somehow because she really weighed 7 lbs 3 oz. Which made a lot more sense because Cassi wasn't very big. I didn't go see her the day she was born, I went over to St. Mark's hospital the next day to visit the cute new family. Cassi was still in bed but she was looking great! Riley was doing such a great job, he was cute to watch as a new daddy. They are going to be great parents without a doubt. Emma is so beautiful and is going to be so much fun to watch grow up. I can't believe she is going to be almost 10 months old when JD gets home! It's too bad he had too miss this experience of her birth but I know he's happy where he's at. I cannot wait for the day he will finally get to meet her. :)
 Holding Emma my first time!


Momma with her new baby.

 Emma Crawley! :)

Another part of my week that was super exciting was I went to Robbie Robertson's house to take a look at his collection of guns. I met this guy that started me getting into guns and hunting a little bit, so I've taken an interest in learning about it. My dad owns a few guns himself and just bought a couple more. Robbie was the city council before my dad was and they are pretty close so he set up a time for me to come over so he could show me all he knows. It was so exciting, Robbie is such an amazing guy! He has so many awads and recognitions from some really amazing people. He met President Reagan, did security for President Hinckley, served and fought in the Air Force, recieved a personal handgun from President Ford, was given some golden guns from West Point where his sons graduated from and one of his sons was actually asked to be a professor at now, owns guns that date back to the Civil and Revolutionary Wars, and so many other incredible things. It was such a cool experience and I would love to do it again someday.
Saturday I was actually able to go shooting with my family. I have shot a few other rifles before, but this was my first time shooting a handgun and a shotgun. They both were really cool to shoot! The shotgun has a lot more kick than other guns, but it wasn't too bad. It was pretty sweet. I was so excited to shoot my dad's handgun, which is a Glock .40 caliber, and it was exhilerating! Robbie is going to give me the concealed weapons class for free so I'm hoping one day I will be able to own a gun like that myself. I have a lot, a LOT to learn about guns because you have to always be incredibly safe when it comes to guns, but I am definately willing to take the time to learn. Shooting those guns was a super fun experience and everyone should give it a fair, SAFE try!


The gun Robbie was given personally by President Ford.




One of the golden guns from West Point.



One of my favorite guns Robbie had. It was such a beautiful rifle that had the most amazing engravings on it!


 My first time shoot the Glock .40 caliber


Shooting my dad's new shotgun.

0 comments:

Post a Comment