Sunday, January 16, 2011

Babies and Hockey

I had a great week that was filled with babies and hockey. First off, JD's sister Cassi is due to have her baby this week! I can't believe it's already here, it's going to be so much fun to have that little girl here with us finally! We had a baby shower for her last week and it was so exciting to see all the baby clothes and everything else. I deal with baby stuff like this every week with my job in the NICU, but it's so much more exciting when it's someone you know and love who is having the baby. Cassi and I have definately had our differences for sure, but I love her to pieces and I am so excited for her and Riley to have their little girl come into the world soon! It was good to go to the shower also to be able to see all of JD's family that I don't get to see very often. It's not always easy seeing them because it remind's me how hard it is to have JD gone, but I am still amazed everytime to see how highly everyone talks about JD!

 Cassi and Mia at the baby shower while Cassi opens gifts.

                                   
Cassi's cute belly! She is not very big considering it's her first.


Me holding Tobin's super cute little nephew at the shower!

I also was able to go to a lot of hockey this week! I went to the Murray high school hockey game in Bountiful which is always a lot of fun. I don't miss high school at all except for the hockey games. It was so much fun to be able to watch all of my friends play. Now my friend's little brother plays and it's a huge trip down memory lane to watch him play. Hopefully I will be able to watch some of those guys play again when they get back from their missions!
A few weeks ago something terrible happend. My friend Parker's dad passed away. He was at the Murray hockey game of course, he was the hockey dad, and the Zamboni got stuck on the ice before the game. Dave (Parker's father) went out on the ice to help push the Zamboni off when he slipped on the ice and hit his head. He was in a coma for two weeks with brain swelling and then passed away due to a stroke. It was such an unexpected accident and it is scary to think how quickly life can change. Parker is serving a mission in the Dominican Republic right now and he has been so strong through all of it. He is staying out on his mission which I think takes so much courage and I'm so proud of him for it. His whole family has been really great at dealing with this tragedy and they are being blessed greatly for it!
The Grizzly hockey game last night was having a fundraiser for the Brown family so a lot of us along with the Murray hockey team went to the game. They let Dakota (Parker's little brother who is currently on the hockey team) drop the puck at the begining of the game. They also highlighted the family throughout the game and it was really nice. As far as the game goes, the Grizzlys lost. BUT. It was such a super fun game! In the first five seconds of the game, every single player was in a fight. That is not an exaggeration, every single player on the ice was fighting with someone. It was crazy! Then, every player was put in the penalty box. Imagine that. Better yet, look it up on YouTube, they played the Stockton Thunder. There were so many fights throughout the entire game, more than usual for a Grizzly game. And at the end of the game the Grizzly coach was so frustrated that he threw all of the team's hockey sticks out onto the ice. It was so awesome. I love that you can go to a hockey game and even if they are losing, you can have so much fun waching the game! I think it's safe for me to say that hockey is the best sport ever. And that's all. It's been a great week. :)

 Poster that was made in memory of Dave Brown that later the whole Murray hockey team signed.


0 comments:

Post a Comment