Monday, January 9, 2012

Human Tendency and those Ridiculous Glasses



Why do we do the things we do? Why is it that the natural human response to stress is an equal or greater response of malace, anger, fear, or defensiveness?

I work in an ICU. An intensive care unit. INTENSIVE. What part about that word tells you your job will be relaxing, calm, and always run smoothly? I guess I missed that part in english class. Because I thought intensive meant stressful in more or less words.

So back to my first question, why is human nature's response to stress something even more negative? Maybe the best people for the intensive care jobs aren't the people who get ridiculously grouchy over a few stacked papers. Mmhm, maybe that whole career path should be reassessed.

Next.



Those ridiculously stupid glasses. Dear friends, I understand the whole fad of old fashions is now in style again. I get it. And if you require the use bifocals and you want to join in this little fashion statement, then by all means, knock yourself out.

However! If I see one more person out there who took those fake, cheap versions and popped the lenses out; due to the fact they do NOT require bifocals, I am going to come poke you through those dumb fake glasses right in the eyeballs so you will require those glasses in order to see. Mmkay? If you want to wear glasses so badly, I'll give you a reason to wear them.

I dated a guy for two seconds that liked to wear those dumb, fake, plastic things. Literally though, two seconds. Thanks to those dumb, fake, plastic things on his face.

That is all.

0 comments:

Post a Comment