Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Grandma Stam

This last weekend has been truly exhausting.  There is so much that has happened and I can't believe it all happened in the same weekend.  As much heartbreak as I feel I can no longer endure, I know and really feel for the other closer, more important people these events directly effected.  My heart is broken for their sake and my prayers are with everyone effected by these horrible turn of events.

I got home from my graveyard clinical shift and went straight to bed.  A few hours later, I got a phone call from my father.  He stated that he was sorry for waking me up, but he wanted me to hear it from him instead of Facebook or some other form, but my sweet grandmother had passed away that morning.  

My grandmother (my father's mom) was just in the hospital last month.  She had eaten something she didn't like and aspirated and ended up getting pneumonia from it.  She had to be in the hospital for a week or so.  She was staying in the same hospital that I was working at so it was really easy to go up and see her.  I feel very lucky that my grandma was in the hospital last month.  Although I know she did not enjoy being there, it really gave me a lot more time to spend with her, time I probably would not have gotten without her trip to the hospital.

My grandma's funeral was yesterday, and it was perfect.  Her favorite color was pink.  And everything was pink.  The flowers were pink and purple and looked absolutely perfect. They matched the amazing hot pink carpet she has in her home. The balloons were pink and purple and looked amazing as they floated into the sky at the grave site.  And my grandma's casket was a beautiful pearl pink.  And my grandma herself.  She looked so beautiful, and so peaceful, happy even.  It was heartbreaking to watch my grandpa have to say goodbye to her.  He loves her so much, they have the epitome of the perfect relationship and perfect love for each other.  They have been together forever.  And they will continue to be together after this life. 

I love my grandma so very much.  I pray and will ask your prayers for my grandfather so that he can cope with my grandma's passing and continue to be the strong and amazing person he is.

Muriel Dahle Murdoch Stam

1929 ~ 2012
Our beautiful wife, mother, grandmother and grandma-great, completed her earthly mission and passed peacefully on to join her parents, family and friends on November 14, 2012 at age 83. She left behind a legacy of love, honor, service, endurance and charity.
She was born in Hyrum, Utah February 18, 1929. She attended schools in California and Utah, graduating from East High School. She married her eternal sweetheart Richard V. Stam and had 64 wonderful years together. Their marriage was solemnized in the Salt Lake Temple. Together they raised 5 children and many foster children. They served together on the Salt Lake County Foster Parent Council for many years.
Muriel loved to sing and dance and performed in many plays. She also sang in a woman's group which performed around Salt Lake City. Her hobbies were knitting and crocheting and she made many afghans, poncho's, hats and scarfs for her family. She loved to travel and was fortunate to spend many retirement years traveling with her husband and friends enjoying the beautiful earth God created.
Her love for her family was only surpassed by her love of the Lord. She served in many capacities in the LDS Church including den mother, Sunday School Teacher, Young Women's leader and Relief Society President.
She cared for and served her parents and family with unconditional love. She endured several illnesses with Dignity and Faith. Her life was a shining example for her family to follow. We will miss her dearly and will rejoice when we are with her again.
She is survived by her dear husband, Richard, her children, Loralee (Jim) Hanson, Lon Stam, Jillyn Best, Darren (Roseann) Stam and Renee Stam, 27 Grandchildren and 28 Great- Grandchildren. She was preceded in death by her parents Lora and Cuthbert Murdoch and Delos Dahle, a daughter Jenee and a grandson Andrew.
Funeral services will be held Monday, November 19, 2012, 12:00 Noon, at the Cottonwood Heights 3rd Ward, 6890 South Whitmore Way, where friends and family may visit Sunday evening from 6:00 to 8:00 p.m. or Monday from 10:30 to 11:30 a.m.
We wish to express our thanks to our sweet father for the loving care he gave our mother for many years. Also, to Linda Hancey, Lisa and her crew and all the wonderful people at Heartwood for their kind service and love. We love you mother, until we meet again.


Some of the beautiful balloons.

The prettiest casket for the most amazing lady.


 

0 comments:

Post a Comment